Sunday 8 April 2012

I've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!


A surprise awaited me today, Becky from paintmynailsatmidnight nominated me for this award!  Thank you Becky!

This award is for new bloggers using the following rules:

1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging.
2. Let them know you have nominated them.
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger award to your blog post.

My nominations (do I know 15 relatively new bloggers?!):


Aaagh, I can't think of 15!!  This will have to do.....

My facts:

1. I have 3 cats: Leo, Libra (Libby) and Lola.  They were a wedding present to myself three years ago.
2. I have been married three years and a smidgeon to a wonderful bald dude.
3. I love being the centre of attention.
4. I have a law and economics degree.
5. Last year after the office end of year appraisal, I gave my husband an end of year appraisal and asked him what my favourite colour was.....he went through all the colours he could think of but the answer was that I don't have a favourite colour as I love all colour!
6. I love food: cooking and eating! And tomorrow I plan to make giraffe (aka tiger) bread.
7. I detest religion and don't believe there is a "god".

Not too long ago, I read something written by a professional nail artist that demeaned bloggers like me for writing blogs posting pictures of their manicures that copied the designs that she had created and gave themselves pats on the back with awards like this when she saw them as thieves.  It gave me mixed feelings to read this.  This was of course a rant by this professional about copyright.  It's hard to claim copyright in the creative world unless it's the written word or more defined pieces of artwork.  In fashion, the high street make their money by recreating the ideas of fashion designers who sell their work for thousands for the masses so they can look "trendy" and this is all nail bloggers are doing.  I love polka dots but every time I do a polka dot manicure, I'm not going to try to find out who first came up with that idea and credit them.  It's nice to do if you copy someone's creative work and you know / remember where you saw the idea but mostly people in the nail art blogging community are feeding off each other's creativity and recreating designs they have seen somewhere or other.  When I first saw that Becky had nominated me, it brought to mind this rant so I had mixed feelings about receiving this "pat on the back" but I don't think I should.  I am a firm believer in paying compliments, they make people feel good to give and receive them and I'm just happy to share my love of nail art and have a hobby with a community of fellow enthusiasts.  

And although I hate chain mail and this sort of thing is exactly like chain mail, I will partake in this "pat on the back"

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment